IBIS International Due Diligence Toronto
Frequent areas of inquiry include:
• Business, corporate histories and lifestyles of the companies
• Business, personal history and lifestyle of the principal(s)
• Civil and criminal litigation
• Current corporate operations and operating history
• Discreet inquiries concerning known business and personal
• Discreet Inquiries concerning current and former business partners
• Human resources and personnel
• Project track records
• Legal, regulatory and environmental issues in their areas of operation
• Reputation in the community
Inquiries are done “on-the-ground” in the subject’s areas of operation. IBIS confidential sources and resources in those areas are utilized. Naturally all contacts with regulatory agencies, law enforcement, other civil authorities, industry, financial sources and so forth are kept as
discreet as possible to avoid identification of our client.
There is no such thing as an “international criminal record check” and the fact that an individual has a work permit and was approved for entry is no assurance as to his character or background. Records have to be checked on the ground in each jurisdiction in which the person has lived or worked.
It also should be noted that a resume that indicates the subject worked for a multinational’s operation in a foreign country as one of 10,000 employees there does little to determine the applicant’s actual work history with that company. It is important to get as much detail as possible concerning his precise job title, the exact location of his previous workplaces and the names and titles of his supervisors.
IBIS background checks are thorough, in-depth and comprehensive. Our operatives in-country speak directly to the applicant’s former employers and references, and if the results cannot be verified, or if there are gaps in the applicant’s history we can’t fill, that is included in our reports.